Our Savior offers many features that other preschools may not offer:
- Longer preschool day -8:45 to 2:15, (30 minutes longer per day) which means more time for instruction and less lapse time for busy parents dropping off and picking up elementary school students plus the added option of extended care for busy parents
- Extended care hours from 7:00 until 5:30 that are available any time they are needed with no prior notification and a reasonable rate per hour. Unlike other preschools that charge for hours parents do not use, Our Savior Preschool charges for only the extended care time that is used. As a convenience to parents, there is no need to call ahead to arrange extended care: children may stay whenever there is a need at a reasonable rate per hour.
- State licensed and certified
- A computer program which can be accessed both at home and at school with computer labs and classes and a special computer teacher- The program provides the ability to extend classroom learning, facilitate communication between parents and teachers and the availability to pin-point and access the specific skills reinforcement that preschoolers need in order to master all skills needed for academic success. In addition, the school has multiple I-pads to be used in the computer lab where each class, three-years and older, meets three to five times per week.
- Registered nurse, on-duty 5 days per week
- School focuses on integrating and modeling Christian values while planting the seeds of academic excellence
- Well-qualified, experienced, college-educated and degreed, Christian teachers
- Excellent teacher to student ratios
- Large, well-equipped and spacious classrooms/ excellent facilities
- Our Savior Preschool was designed as a school with all of the advantages of a school environment with centers, books, curriculum, manipulatives and equipment that always remain in the classroom and contribute to an optimum learning environment.
- Touchless QR scanning or code check-in and check-out
- 20 % tuition discount off the second and third child’s tuition fees (monthly tuition only) for both summer camp and during the regular school year
- Faith-based school open 5 days per week, providing extended hours and summer camps for children who are enrolled from 7:00 until 5:30 during the regular school year and from 7:30-5:30 during six weeks of summer camp
- New playground equipment and ground surfacing, featuring plush, well-padded and maintained Astro-Turf ground surfacing for playground
- A library with many enriching books to be used in the classroom (Our Savior has two Scholastic Book Fairs per year) and offers a “ print-rich” environment to enhance literacy and academic learning
- Indoor playroom
- Spanish, Music and Chapel, as well as daily Bible lessons offered during regular classes to children, ages 18 months to three years at no extra cost
- Low ratios. Children 3 and under have 3 staff to a classroom and the ratio is 1:5 or lower.
- Curriculum that teaches to the highest level in each age group and goes above and beyond the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills required for each age group set forth by the Texas Education Agency/developmentally appropriate learning activities
- Children who are enrolled for 2022-2023 and for the fall of 2023-2024 school year are eligible to attend six, fun-filled weeks of thematic summer camps beginning in June with a week out for the 4th of July. No Summer Camp the week of the 4th) and lasting through the third week of July.