We know that all of you are very concerned about the uncertainty and ramifications of the Coronavirus. We share all of your concerns and our primary concern is for the safety, health and welfare of your children. All decisions concerning the preschool will be made with this primary concern in mind.
Right now, we are all entering uncharted territory. As for as your decision to continue preschool, there is no need to make a decision now. Until we know exactly when the preschool will resume and other information concerning the Coronavirus, this action is premature. We will let you know the next step forward as the Coronavirus scenario unfolds. You do not have to do anything right now, as there is no school in session. All calendar dates are affected by this Pandemic and therefore registration for summer camp will not begin on April 3rd, nor can we promise to adhere to any dates which are scheduled on our present calendar. Information will be forthcoming as we are informed of present conditions regarding the coronavirus and CDC recommendations.
Here is some information on how accounts will be handled going forward:
The billing process will be adjusted as follows:
- All accounts will be credited for ½ of the March tuition.
- The Extended Care fees for March 2nd through March 6th will be billed to the accounts.
- If the result of the above actions is a credit balance, a refund check will be issued and mailed to the address on file on Friday, March 20th.
- Any accounts not already charged for the new adjusted balances will be charged on their payment date or, if not on Tuition Express, are asked to mail a payment check to Our Savior Preschool, 2708 Virginia Pkwy, McKinney, TX, 75071.
- A current month’s statement will be included with each refund check or emailed to each uncharged/unpaid account.
- If you wish to not receive a refund check and leave a credit balance on your account for future charges, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let our Business Manager know of this request. Please email Randy before noon on Friday, March 20th.
We will let you know immediately when we decide what needs to be done in light of everyone’s health and safety. Then parents can make an informed decision as to what to do next. Since we follow MISD for all closings, MISD has extended closure until May 1st, at which time, this date will be reassessed in light of the continually unfolding data concerning the spread of the COVID-19 virus. May 1st is only a tentative date and must be re-evaluated and reassessed by the school district in light of community spread and the safety and well-being of all children attending public school and private preschools.
We as a nation are facing a crisis of uncertainty and we pray for God’s guidance as this world emergency unfolds. This is a time like 9-11, which will be etched forever in our memories. Children are watching the adults in their lives as they go through hardship and trials and will later model this behavior in their own lives. They will reflect on the memories that are made during this unprecedented time for the rest of their lives.
We, as Christians, are comforted by the words, “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of sound mind.” (2nd Timothy1:7) Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:10)
Psalm 46: 1-3 gives much-needed reassurance, “God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in times of trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.” Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you.”(Isaiah 54:10)
We pray for continued guidance, peace, faith and perseverance as we all face this unprecedented situation.
We pray that you will feel God’s faithful and comforting presence in a special way during this time of great uncertainty.