Our Savior Preschool is dedicated to the spiritual, emotional, and intellectual development of each, individual child.
The most impressionable and formative years in a child’s life are the ages of birth through five years. This is why we at Our Savior take our jobs so seriously. We have a dedicated, Christian staff that models, teaches and fully integrates Christian values into a challenging, academic curriculum.
Our teaching approach uses the methodology and best teaching practices developed by Dr. George Morrison, Chair of the Velma Schmidt Early Childhood Program at The University of North Texas. Dr. Morrison, Retired Professor of Early Childhood at the University of North Texas, is the author of Early Childhood Education textbooks used in prestigious universities across the United States.
Success for Life Practices include:
- Staff’s being positive role models for children and others
- Modeling teaching and learning strategies for the children
- Utilizing intentional, objective-based teaching and instruction (Teaches to the Texas Pre-K Guidelines, the Essential knowledge and skills needed in Kindergarten, using a developmentally appropriate continuum.)
- Using continuous systematic assessment to determine what is developmentally appropriate for each child
- Creating an environment that is healthy, respectful, supportive, challenging, enriched and spiritually conducive to optimum development
- Supporting critical thinking through involving children in problem-solving
- Utilizing an interactive teaching approach
- Supporting literacy development through:
- Oral Reading
- Shared reading
- Shared writing
- Supporting math and science through “hands-on” instruction
- Providing for spiritual development by modeling and teaching Christian values
- Collaborating with preschool specialists, colleagues, families and community leaders to provide enrichment for classroom learning
Our Savior Preschool uses Scholastic Letter People, One in Christ Bible Curriculum, Handwriting without Tears, Math, their Way, The High Reach Curriculum, that teaches to the TEKS needed in P-K and in public school kindergarten and beyond and utilizes the Success for Life best teaching practices and methodology, developed by Dr. George Morrison, former Chair of the Early Childhood Department of the University of North Texas.